Historic Soldiers Weekend
Take a Walk Through History!September 29th & 30th, 2012 at Historic Fort, Pennsville, NJ
Come for the event and help support Historic Fort Mott!Historic Soldiers Weekend is a historical encampment, featuring re-enactors, and their equipment, from every American conflict, spanning from the French and Indian War to the Vietnam War. In some instances, both sides of the conflicts will be present, such as the revolutionary war loyalists and "redcoats", civil war confederate units, and WWII German infantry units. The re-enactment units will be camping out for the weekend at Historic Fort Mott, living as their ancestors did.Journey back in time to give yourself and your children, students and guests a chance to see, hear and touch real history through the life of a typical soldier during the French and Indian War, Civil, World Wars, and beyond.Reenactors/Vendors/Event Participants:
To make your historic display set-up day easier for you; pre-registered groups / units can arrive at Fort Mott and begin set up on the 28th after 12 noon.
There will be 9th Division “Go Devils” on site to guide you to your camp location and where to park your vehicle when you arrive. Additional updates will be sent after you pre-registration has been received and accepted your unit / group.
Join us as we bring HISTORIC SOLDIERS WEEKEND back in NEW JERSY and together we will take a walk through history!
Please contact us with any questions.Please visit the Event website at: www.historicsoldiersweekend.com
Download the 2012 Event Poster (230k PDF)Download the New 2012 Event Lana Turner Poster (230k PDF)
This weekend’s Special Guests:
- The 319th Army Band - Team Liberty
- Lana Turner as performed by Jennelle Gilreath (Live Performance)
- Sharon Wells Wagner & Steve Wagner, authors of Ordinary Heroes and Forgotten Widow
- Gene Strine WWII Veteran, featured in Forgotten Widow
- The Fubar Boys 9th Division WWII HPS Band
- Joseph Baddick, Author of My Hero, My Son
- Lt. Colonel Al Bancroft, Vietnam Veteran, Director of Military Affairs (Camden County, NJ)
- Jim Milliken, Vietnam Veteran, and Author of: Enter and Die!
- Albert Perna, WWII Veteran, 9th Division
- Colonel Ed Scholl author of Lewis and Clark in the Twenty First Century
- Sgt. Clyde Hoch USMC Vietnam War Veteran & Author of Tracks - Memoirs of a Vietnam Veteran
Web design and content Copyright © 2009 by Gary Oprendek. All rights reserved.